File GST returns with GSTSTAR and have a smoother returns filing experience!
1. Visit www.gststar.com and Click on Sign Up or Click on Sign In
2. If you are not registered, register yourself as a Tax Payer or Tax Consultant
All the tax Professionals, Chartered Accountants, etc. fall in the category of Tax Consultant.
3. If registered, enter your valid email id and password along with captcha and click on Login.
4. This is the GSTSTAR dashboard for Tax Payer version.
5. We recommend you to give GSTSTAR the access to GSTN portal, for this you have to perform few simple steps in GSTN portal.
a. Log in to www.gst.gov.in with your valid Log in credentials. Click on View Profile
6. Select Manage API Access, Enable API Request. Select the Duration and click on Confirm.
7. Return to GSTSTAR Dashboard, Click on Configuration > Gstin details > Fill GSTIN user name > Click on save & verify > Fill the OTP which you will get in your registered phone number > Click ok. You will find the Status to be verified.
8. GSTR1 requires the details of the outward supplies (Sales) including credit debit notes, Advances received. So in the Dashboard, Select Outward Supplies.
9. Select Sales .You can 1) Manually add the Sales detail or 2) Make a bulk sales upload by Selecting Import. Download the template and Fill in the Particulars.
10. Once the particulars of the template are filled & saved, click on Import option again and upload that particular saved template. You can see the Sales Invoices uploaded.
- The Status N indicates, data is saved with GSTSTAR and not with GSTN.
- The Status S indicates, data is saved with GSTN also.
11. Please Click on Summary > Select the Month & Year > Click on Get. You can view the Summary of Sales including HSN Summary.
If you want to make view the list of invoices in B2B, B2C, etc., please click onin Actions.
12. Then Click on “SAVE TO GSTN” > Select the Month & Year > Click on Get.
13. You can see the Pre filled Quarterly turnover of April to June 2017 with all the categories. You will observe that HSN Summary will be equal to the Category data. You can View invoice wise detail by clicking on Symbol.
Select all the category with Values. You have three options.
Click on Export to JSON and Json file will be downloaded > Go to GSTN portal & upload that particular Json file. After uploading you can File GSTR1 with the GSTN portal www.gst.gov.in
Click on Save to GSTN and all invoices will be saved to GSTN portal automatically (this requires API access) and go to GSTN portal and file GSTR-1
To file with the Govt Portal:
14. Select the category and Click on Export to Json, You can see the download of Json file. Import this Json file at FILE GSTR1 with the Govt portal.
To proceed with the GSTSTAR:
15. If you want to save the data from GSTSTAR to GSTN, then click on “Save to GSTN”. You will receive an OTP to your registered Mobile Number.
16. Enter the OTP number and Click on OK.
17. Validate the OTP. You will see a confirmation message stating that the GSTN session has started now. . Select the category. And Click on Save to GSTN
Once you Click on “Save to GSTN”, you will see a confirmation message on screen that the Save to GSTN process is successful. You can Log in to the GSTN Portal and verify that the corresponding data is saved there.
18. You can also cross check it by Clicking on Outward Supplies > GSTN SUMMARY > Select Month > Select Year and Click on Get.
All the invoices that are saved to the GSTN can be viewed here. You will also have an option to delete certain invoices, by Clicking on Actions and Choose the Delete option.
Once the API access is available, you do the following steps, to file all your GST Returns with GSTSTAR. All you have to do is to follow the series of below mentioned steps.
a. Ensure that the data is saved with GSTSTAR
b. Data is saved to GSTN
- Click on Returns from the Dashboard
- Select GSTR1
- Save all the invoices to GSTN
- Get GSTR1 Summary > Select Month > Select Year > Get. You can view the GSTR1 Summary and Submit GSTR1
- Authorize with DSC or EVC and File GSTR1